Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

Lakehouse Quilt

I have never used much white in a quilt before - I tend to go for greys or bright and bold solid colours. When a friend asked me to make a girly quilt in French Provincial style with pink and aqua I was actually a bit stumped! Nothing in my stash seemed to be right! So a visit to Hobbysew and I saw and fell in love with these Lakehouse fabrics. I actually spent so long mixing and matching the fat quarters that the sales assistant came to help me. I thought the white background helped these fabrics stand out a bit more! The back is a cheater fabric from good old Spotlight - it was a bit thinner than medium weight cotton but the pattern just went beautifully with the rest of the quilt. I also appliqued a butterfly on the back as it was a gift for a baby shower and the name was unknown! My friend loved it - and her friend loved it as well!
Quilt Front Lakehouse Quilt: Front Bubba Tags Lakehouse Quilt:Bubba Tags Quilt back Lakehouse Quilt: Back Butterfly closeup Lakehouse Quilt: Butterfly closeup

No comments:

Post a Comment