Pages

Saturday 19 May 2012

L + P Quilt

Just going to say it - I have a pretty awesome Mothers Group. I was petrified going at first with my preemie Miss E - pretty much the oldest there but by far half the size of most of the bubbas. Anyways - I met some other mamas who I pretty much spent most of last year bumming around talking baby stuff with! One of the mums - the fabulous Ms L got married early this year. And a funny life coincidence - her husband to be Mr P actually grew up in Orange not far from where I grew up in Bathurst in country NSW. They had their wedding in Blayney which is where my mums mothers group meet up each year to celebrate our birthdays! Anyways I seem to be digressing from the Quilt. I hate giving money or store bought presents so I set myself another challenging task of getting a quilt done within a month (while working full time, looking after Miss E and Mr A in stressed out assignment mode) I thought it would be fun to use up some scraps and create and L + P on the front and a heart on the back. I tried to add a little bit of them into the scraps - I included some UK fabric as L is from the UK, Dogs - because they have a dog, horses - their daughter loves the horses at the grandparents farm. I hacked into some of my Amy Butler Lotus Wallflower fabric for the surrounds and some Ty Pennington Impressions Water Flower for the back. The letters are all pierced but the heart on the back is appliqued. I also tried to be adventurous with the quilting and echoed the heart out. I even was doing the handbinding at work in my lunchtime but it got completed in time! Fantastic Wedding, beautiful location - most stunning 5 month pregnant bride I have ever seen!
L + P Quilt Front
L + P Quilt Front
L + P = <3 Quilt back
L + P = <3 Quilt back

No comments:

Post a Comment