Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

Posy Love

Well after my little play with the mini charm pack of Aneela Hony's Posy pack I decided to keep with my mantra of finishing projects this year and fully commit to making and finishing the quilt. So I had needed to order some more fabric to complete it. I found a Charm pack on Ebay so even though it was a little more expensive than I would usually like to pay I thought it was still cheaper than placing an order from overseas and filling up my cart to make the postage worth it!
So this is what I ended up with! Very girly, sugar and spice. All 2 1/2 inch squares for the middle bits and for the border just some charm squares cut in half. Posy Love
I quilted it in a cross stich like pattern - I was surprised how easy it was. I thought I would make a bit of a mess but having close lines made it easier.
Posy Love Close up The back was some pale pink homespun with a strip of gorgeous flowery fabric (not sure what it was, just that I bought it from fabric shack on special). Binding was a bright aqua turquoise print from Sarah Fielke new Spotlight collection.
Posy Love Back It was the first quilt I have quilted since having my beautiful boy who is an amazing sleeper (6 weeks old and already doing 7hr night sleeps)
Posy Love Back close up I have a few charity quilts to get quilted this week for the Caring with quilts for the Warrumbungle fires earlier in the year. I am hoping to quilt up two kids quilts that have been sitting in my unfinished pile for a while. Just need a bit of charity motivation!

2 comments:

  1. I just did an update for Caring with Quilts on my blog.....

    this is a lovely quilt..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chookblue! And I hope to have 2 (possibly 3) kids quilts heading to the CWA next week - depending on the behaviour of 2 little munchkins on the weekend!

      Delete