Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Oh ye fabric gods - I thank you!


I have just spent 2 days tidying my sewing storage space and table. I may have accidentally started at least 2 more quilts as I was putting away my fabric, did bits'n'pieces on some other projects and had at least 2 more quilts on the cutting board before I had a chat to myself about finishing other projects before starting new ones. Anyway fabric is all put away and as I was doing it I made some progress on Miss E's car quilt by finishing fussy cutting all the centre pics.
Untitled So I essentially have cut 100 centre bits, with only a few repeats of some of the extra cute fabric (but only if it contained a different picture) Then I started thinking about it - that is pretty much 100 bits of fabric I own, and that wasn't even going through some of my boxes and not including solids. Yikes ... Lets not tell hubby ... He may be right for a change - I may have a ridiculous amount of fabric. I have pretty much been on a fabric ban for the past 2 years as well (with a few splurges!) so I have been entering competitions to try to win fabric! And lo and behold I have been on a bit of a streak! At the end of last year I won a sponsor prize for the Simply Solids Bee - $50 voucher at the Aussie only store Duckcloth (which I heard is now shutting down :( ) So I stocked up on some solids and other cute fabric.
Untitled
Then I won a $30 voucher at Sew Mama Sew for my Up from here block. I picked up some awesome e-patterns including the Peekaboo Dress pattern which I am going to make for my little girl when she is a flower girl later this year.
And finally I won a $50 voucher through Red Pepper Quilts for Fashionable Fabrics. Which arrived today!
Untitled I may have splurged and got a few extras - but hey we have to make that postage to Australia worth it!

2 comments:

  1. The lion on the first picture - do you know what fabric it came from? Great idea to cut out pieces from fabric, it will look grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lion! I mean my daughter loves the lion! It is Robert Kaufman Roar! http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/roar/APP-12525-195/

      Delete