Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sew Mama Sew BOM2

Just when I thought I was not going to add anything additional to my "things" list for 2013 look what popped up!
Sew Mama Sew
I am already doing the Skill Builder BOM run by Alyssa and am loving it! So I convinced myself to do this one as well - on two conditions. Again, complete stash busting (no fabric will be bought to complete this quilt) and it has to align with another project. It runs for 6 months, and hey my sister-in-law is getting married at the end of October ... lightglobe comes on ... Perfect! Their colours are purple and green but I think I might stick with the purple for this one.
Block 1
Up from here
The only problem is that I seem to not have anymore of the dark grey. I have many other greys or maybe I can alternate the purples for the different backgrounds. Will have to wait and see for the next block as it is a bit of a mystery.
I love the jumbo sized blocks so then I started to think how awesome 4 blocks would look as a baby quilt. Again, completely stash busted and I have a friend who is having a baby in May. I played around with the layout a bit and settled on a diamond shape so I have named it "Around from here". I am thinking that the giant space in the middle needs an extremely cute applique owl (as that is the nursery theme).
Around from here
Mostly I used scraps but I also cut into some of my precious Heather Ross, Saffron Craig and Laurie Wisbrun, fabrics!
Around from here Around from here Around from here Around from here

No comments:

Post a Comment