Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

BFF Quilt


This quilt is destined for one of my closest friends in the world who is pregnant with her first bubba. I have called it the BFF quilt as my son and hers will only be 10 months apart and we are determined that they are going to be best friends! I had originally bought this gorgeous Dan Stiles "Safari Soriee" Birch Organic fabric for a quilt for my little man but as soon as my friend told me she was pregnant I knew it was perfect for her. Don't worry, Mr C won't miss out - I have some left.
I actually planned this quilt a bit more than I usually do. I did a quick mockup in Touchdraw to make sure I would get all the colours in the right spots. Simple equilateral triangles in the patterned fabrics and a few solids.
image
I love the feel of the organic fabrics!
BBF quilt
The back is an Mix of my extra triangles, a few scraps and a dotty Erin McMorris print I had in my stash that just matched perfectly! Her little Mr already has already been named so I got to include it on the quilt.
BBF quilt
I quilted it in a simple 1/4" off the seam either side. I must admit, straight line quilting is still my favourite way to quilt a quilt.
BBF quilt
Also, no baby gift I give is complete with some matching bunting.
BBF quilt
Now I just can't wait to meet the little guy - in 10 years my friend and I will be the soccer mums in the back row sneaking a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment