Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Guess who got a quilt frame!

ME!!!
I have been toying with the idea for a while now and then a friends mother was selling one... it happened to be Mothers Day... well it happened! It is quite large and I am still playing around with it. I really need a new machine to go on it as my Janome just does not have the throat space to do the designs I want. Seriously considering a Juki and saving up! It is funny when I go shopping now as I constantly ask myself  - new machine or new {insert random object here}.


My first go - not too bad!


then my first big project

This quilt is for my friend Kristy (or Kiki as my kids call her) she asked me to make one in red and aqua - not usually my colours for quilting and she gave me free reign over the design. I decided I wanted to do a half square triangle quilt with all different designs. My almost 4 yr old daughter wanted to design one of the blocks (can you guess which one) which made it a really personally quilt for my friend who loves my kids so much!


I quilted it fully on the frame - in a scallop all over pattern. I broke the thread so many times in the middle of the quilt it was starting to drive me crazy! Maybe it is a tension issue? I had a little issue with the quilt bleeding when I washed it (even with using 2 colour catchers) - just two fabrics I used in the centre panel bled. No too noticeable but I think I will be more careful using red and white next time.

Of course the backing had to contain shoes for the shoe lady - lucky i found this awesome print.

No comments:

Post a Comment