Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

G + Y Wedding Quilt

I get very excited about making wedding quilts - there is just something special about making something celebrating such a beautiful event. My friend G from Melbourne recently got married so of course I had to make a wedding quilt. We had only met Y a few times as we live in different cities but I knew her favourite colour was green and I wanted to keep it masculine and minimalistic as I know G likes that style. After searching Polka Dot Tea for some perfectly yummy green and grey fabrics and playing around with a few designs - I decided that a simple plus quilt was the way to go. The green is a Michael Miller Cotton Couture in "Turf" - my new favourite colour!



I was really hoping to get a pic with a tram in the background but they ended up all too shady!

I used 4" squares and once I had laid out the quilt used this fantastic method from Poppyprint to sew it together.



It was really quick to sew together! I quilted it in a square random grid kinda way using a few different shades of grey and green aurifil thread across it diagonally.


The back is a light grey and a panel from Jeni Baker's Nordika range - it matched perfectly with the grey. I also embroidered a "G + Y"  into the panel but forgot to take a photo!



I was in Melbourne over the weekend so I got to hand deliver it to the recently wedded lovebirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment